Note: This post was edited on June 10th for clarity on who is running for election and the remaining terms of existing Board members.
I’m writing today as Chairperson of the Mississagua-Gold Lake Cottagers’ Road Group Nominating Committee. This year’s upcoming Annual General Meeting of the Cottagers’ Road Group is scheduled for August 2, 2020. At that time, the election of a new Board of Directors will be held according to the By-law.
As required by the By-law, the Nominating Committee has submitted a slate of Directors to the Secretary.
Proposed Slate of Directors for 2020-2021
- Robin Axon, 8, Fire Route 152, Spur 8 (up for election)
- Don Bartley, 218, Spur 6 (will have 2 years remaining)
- Paul Jansen, 35 Spur 6 (will have 2 years remaining)
- Joel Kruzich 353, Spur 7 (up for election)
- Warren Markwart, 12, Spur 4 (will have 1 year remaining)
- Ken Marshall, 40, Spur 4 (will have 1 year remaining)
- Steve Quinlan, 29, Spur 1A (up for election)
- Cheryl Ream, 181 Spur 6 (up for re-election)
- Derek Woodward, 365 Fire Route 130 (will have 2 years remaining)
Nominating Further Candidates
As outlined in the By-law, any three (3) members may nominate a further candidate who is properly qualified to be a Director, if they so wish. Qualification criteria can be found in section 2.02 of the By-law.
The Nomination Process
NOTE that there are two mandatory parts to the nomination form. The first part should be filled out and signed by the member wanting to run for election. The second part should be filled out and signed by three separate members wanting to nominate a member. Both the first and second parts MUST be filled out completely.
Paul Jansen, Chair of the Nominating Committee